Difference between render window and export for emisive and scattering

Hello,

I have recently been using embergen and so far its great, however i have come across a strange issue. I am trying to export my scattering channel to use an emissive map for a game texture, however the result i am seeing in the render window is dramatically different than what i see in the export and i am not sure why. The result i get in the scattering channel is much darker and it looks more like an unlit/ambient occlusion smoke channel than my scattering channel. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

Here is the render window view

This is the result i get when i export.

Any help would be great!
Thanks,

I have managed to fix it so i will post my finding here in case others have this issue.

I dont know why, but removing all the channels from the export window and re-adding them has fixed this issue. Possibly a bug with the preset i was using as my base. (aerial explosion 3)

Thanks again for this awesome program!

Hey not sure why this was happening, can you post that preset in a zip folder or link here? When loading that preset I don’t get the same behavior. Also what version of EmberGen are you using?

Unfortunately, (or fortunately for me lol) it seems to have been a random one off bug. After i managed to fix it i havn’t been able to repro it since. If it happens again i will investigate further and post my results here.

I am using the version 1.2 of embergen.

Thanks again!

Okay interesting, glad you got it fixed though! Please let us know if you ever encounter something like that again