Import vs Playback FPS

On an imported FBX file, I’ve got animation running at 23.976 with a frame count of 58, but for some reason EmberGen is rendering out 146 frames. I’m figuring there is a 2x setting someplace, but I can’t figure out where.

Any input would be appreciated.

I’ve had the same issue myself… If you click on the Simulation node, then the Time Control tab, you’ll see the default Timestep set to 60 Hz. You can change it to 23.976 or 24 Hz to export at the correct frame number. To test this, within your timeline, put the play head on 1 second to see that it shows 60 frames, change it to 24 and you’ll see the timeline frame count change to 24 frames, but the time still shows 1.000 seconds.

The only problem with changing the Timestep setting is, the simulation will look different because it doesn’t have enough frames to generate. There’s a lot more I could say but I’ll try to create Youtube tutorial to show everything I tried and what seems to work!?

Can we make a request to run the sim at 60htz/fps and then just “print the frame” at frame 24?

Hey sorry for not responding sooner. There is an Override FPS checkbox in the Import node that will accomplish this. You’ll want to keep this value at 60, as it’s essentially telling the mesh to run at the same speed as the EmberGen Timestep (assuming the Timestep is set to 60). This should address the issues you pointed out but let me know if there’s anything else you need!