Feature wishlist

(EDIT: This is noty real but i think Nick thought it was for 1/2 a second!)
Thanks for adding that ‘Plate’ feature with a built in opacity slider for export previews! So cool! :crazy_face:

Is this a joke lol? I don’t recall us adding a way to import plates yet. I don’t want this post to confuse anyone either. Plates are on the way though!

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :joy: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It is a total joke man muhahahaha happy long weekend - loving embergen.
(working on my Ps skills hehe)

Thanks for developing the this amazing software!
I wish we had 3d Connexion support like most 3d aplplications.
Cheers!

3d connexion: i.e a 3d mouse?

Yes!

https://www.3dconnexion.com/

As a C4d user I would love to see Gradient Presets It would make me feel right at home to have those available.

Also as a c4d user the optimist in me wishes there was a plugin that would bridge Embergen to c4d.

Hi,
I really enjoyed my first hour in Embergen, but please add comma as a decimal separator :slight_smile:

You’ve done a splendid job, keep it up!

Best,
Adam

Hello everyone.
First post here, and my suggestions in UI

Good suggestions. We’re in the middle of doing a complete redesign of the UI now. Stay tuned.

Awesome. Waiting for it.
And please add option to ‘save layout’. I would like to start with with empty scene and start building setup from the scratch.

1 Like

Can you explain what you mean by a save layout?

For example I can organize my layout according my needs. Change windows size and position. Save it. And whenever I open EmberGen “my layout” will be as default.
And put “Timeline Curve” into “tab” or hidden, no additional floating windows.
User press button of “Timeline Curve” and it will be as extension of current timeline.

Thanks for the clarification, we have plans for this.

Awesome software:)
Post is a bit old buuutt.
Looping sprite sheets with use for on going sims eg(dry ice) would be amazing to have.
Something like loop from frame 20 - 100 and the simulation takes the first few frames and blends them with the last few frames to create a perfect loop for particle effects within Unreal. I do this manually now and it takes time. Perhaps there is already a way . Shout if there is:)

Update…I see this has been added. Ignore the post:) Awesome

I checked EmberGen roadmap and see there’s VDB importer been planned, I want to request could you implement a vdb source emitter for complex volume sculpt ?

so vfx artist just prepare animated 3D vdb fields contain necessary density velocity temperature attributes
for initial setup of volume simulation.

I upload a video that I am exporting VDB from Houdini, hope you can have a check, VDB emit source on Vimeo

converting geometry then volume rasterize it into VDB is internal process of Embergen I guess, so why not provide a VDB importer directly ? FBX or ABC reader is not straight forward

Hi
It would be great if it was possible to give VDB volumes custom names on export. As it is now velocity is named velocity_x etc. Working in Houdini velocity fields are named vel.x. Would be a nice timesaver if volumes could be given custom names.

Regards
Bonsak

This will be in our next update :slight_smile:

1 Like

So basically you want to spawn VDB files?

No, you misunderstood my intention.

I want to bring external houdini initial channels like velocity/density/fuel for customized fire simulation with VDB formats, then embergen use these values for later math calculations.

I think Embergen internally rasterize 3d geometry data into density/fuel fields as well, so if we have a vdv importer that will be extremely convenient