Exporting Alembic from LiquidGen to Unreal

Hi guys,

I am currently trying to export an alembic blood splatter made in LiquidGen to Unreal 5.

I believe exporting directly to Unreal is not supported ? Hence why I am working with Blender as a bridge in between LiquidGend and Unreal.

It plays as expected in Blender.

However, after exporting from Blender in Unreal, it looks like there are no frames being imported.

What am I doing wrong please ?

Thanks!

still have not figured this one out :confused:

Hi there, sorry for the delay. You can import LiquiGen exports directly into UE5 just follow the tutorial here: https://youtu.be/tm9uQVlfZ3U?si=Qg29ysAGnlyP_lkc

And then make sure you add a level sequence and add the GeometryCache track to your alembic import and it will play in the timeline

Thanks, will have a look

Looks like it’s still not working on my end, not sure why :confused:

Here is how I export from Liquidgen as .abc :

I then import the .abc file, just like the person is doing in the video.

I have the plugins enabled.

And I then get this message in the output log window :

I am using Unreal 5.3.2

Oh you’re exporting the particles and not the mesh file. Try exporting our the mesh instead of the particles. If you want to export the particles you will need to use Blender to instance objects on the particles using geometry nodes.

Let me know if that helps!

Yes, thank you for your help, sorry if I was not clear but I am indeed trying to export the particles in Unreal.

Not too familiar with Blender, I imported the .abc from Liquidgen and then used the geometry nodes to instance spheres on my particle points.

Then I exported the new sim as .abc and imported it to unreal.

However, I have the same issues as mentioned in my previous screenshot… (Output log)

Here is my current setup in Blender (4.2.1 LTS) and Unreal 5 :

As you can see when importing it looks like no frames have been exported :confused:

Hmm, you may need a realize instances node at the end of your geometry node setup. Can you try that and see if that works?