EmberGen 0.7.5 Teaser

1 Like

awesome Nick, something to look forward to in the new year, and happy New Year to you guys!

2 Likes

Is there any update on when 0.7.5 will be available?

Also - I noticed that two features from this upcoming version have been moved to a future release, expanding/dynamic bounds and retiming simulations. Any rough idea on when they might be implemented?

These two features are vital for an upcoming project so if they aren’t planned for a while, I need to find a workaround fast…

We are aiming for sometime in the next few months for the release and have an internal date set, but don’t want to announce it publicly in case we miss it.

Dynamic bounds will need extensive R&D so I don’t have a timeline on that… but for retiming we plan to release that in a patch after the initial 0.7.5 release, though the time from release to patch is unknown.

Thanks Nick. This is really useful to know.

As a suggested workaround, perhaps some tweaking to the volume masking can help with the dynamic bounds issue in the meantime. I just couldn’t get it to look natural using the current masking methods but if the mask itself could somehow be dynamic and ‘noisy’ rather than a static ‘fade out’ at the boundary, then it might help as a temp fix.

Please correct me if this is somehow possible and there is already a way to get more realistic masking at the bounds so sims disappear more naturally…

You can plug any shapes you want into the volume masking pin on the volume node and that may help :slight_smile:

I had a dream.

“This morning when I got up, I found 0.75 on my computer”

great day !

daniel

Many people already have 0.7.5 on their computers since they have a license, as we have a pre-release available on our discord server. Final public build should be ready soon. It was a much larger release than we anticipated and has taken us over a year to get right.

Hi. I’m trying to get on the discord, but when it asks me to claim and verify my account, it states that account has already been claimed. It was claimed by me. So how can I get past this? Sorry for being such a noob

I’m really trying to get the 0.75 version to test. Also is this available to those who have their subscription via the Octane Render OTOY offer?

That sounds like a discord issue, not something we would support.
Users who are subscribed through Octane will get 0.7.5 when we launch it publicly on November 1st.