had the chance to test the latest beta of EmberGen, here’s a test render:
The potential to use it in actual vfx production environment is quite high, so here are some questions/suggestions:
- Does the geometry importer support animated objects?
- For post production it would be important to import animated cameras.
- VDB import would also be favorable.
- bgeo import of houdini particles or general geo would open up alot possibilities
- Does it support a graphics card raid?
- Would there be a way to run sims/renders in batch and within a renderfarm context?
- deep data output as exr’s would be very preferable
It is great to be able to tweak settings on the fly, but when it comes to scale up and /or to render, there’s no need in linear production to have that realtime.