Resolution of Render

Hi all,

Apologies for my dumb question, but I’m new to Embergen and haven’t quite figured it out yet. I have a nice smoke sim of smoke that will represent clouds. They will cover a large area.

My voxel count: 500x500x100
Voxel Size: 1.00
Upscaling: x4
Render size: 4k

With these settings I am not getting very crisp smoke. It’s blurred and when I view this in ue5 as clouds, it’s not great as it covers a large area.

I understand and appreciate that I’m trying to cover a large area. I’m cool with knowing that it will not be 100% sharp at that scale. However, I would like my 4k render to be at least as sharp as possible. What can I do to improve the quality of the final render?

hey can you send over the file you’re using to create this? And can you also make sure to remove upscaling and save before you send? I’ll be able to advise once I get a look at your setup

What you see in EmberGen should be what you get in Unreal Engine, but of course camera or view distance will impact the perceived sharpness of the clouds.

Hi Will,

Thank you so much for responding and offering to help. I am sending you the file. I will update this thread when we get it resolved.

Hey Will,

I’m actually a little confused. How can I send you the file?

hey sorry for the dely. You can upload it to google drive or dropbox and send me that link!